RIDING ACADEMY GUIDELINES 2021
Well-A-Way Farm is a USHJA recognized and approved Riding School. The instructors are all USEF and USHJA SafeSport Trained and Certified. Our head trainer Michele, the farm’s owner, is a USHJA Certified Trainer and an official with USEF as an ‘r’ rated Judge. She is currently working on her large “R” promotion.
- DRESS CODE
Riders are expected to wear collared shirts (NO TANK TOPS) and well fitted vests or jackets in the colder months. Shirts tucked in with a belt, clean breeches and jodhpurs with half chaps or tall boots. Hair should be secured in a neat ponytail, braid or traditionally put up under your properly fitted helmet.
- ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE TIMES
Riders should plan on arriving 15 mins (Covid protocol) early to help groom and tack up their horse. Depending on the level of the rider we have Working Students available to assist them. After the lesson the rider is expected to un-tack and groom their horse. Plan your time accordingly. Note, some horses do consecutive lessons.
WAWF provides the tack for the Riding Academy (saddle, bridle, girth and grooming tools). Riders are responsible to clean what they use and to put everything back in clearly marked areas. $5 tickets are given if items are not put away.
Introductory lesson: $70.00
Pay per lesson $65.00
Prepaid two month session are Typically 9 weeks per session $525.00 *** Add 2% to 3% if paying with a Credit Card – this fee will be billed if not paid at time of payment. Late payment fee $25.00
NO carry over payments from Session to Session.
Requested private lessons are $70.00.
Riders entering mid – session : Fee is pro-rated.
Clinics cost $85.00 and offered at least one per session.
Ground Schools are $45.00 for non prepaid customers and $45.00 for prepaid customers.
Any behavior that does not fit or follow WAWF vision, rules, or policies is not acceptable and will be excused from the program.
NO REFUNDS!!! NO CREDITS!!! AND No parent coaching from the sidelines – we hand out fines for this!
- CANCELLATIONS -Two make – up lessons are offered per session. 24 hours notice – no exceptions.
- GROUND SCHOOL – WAWF hosts ground school sessions which Academy students. We ask that you strongly attend one during your session. ($44 per class for non-pre-paid riders. $45 for pre-paid riders).
- EVALUATION- Riders are evaluated at the end of the sessions by their instructor. As they advance through each class level a certificate is awarded.
- 2021 Sessions: Sesssion I Starts January 1 and Ends February 29, 2020. NOTE: We are covid safe riding stable. Please follow protocol accordingly and wear a mask.
- RELEASE and riding program agreement FORMS – New riders must fill out a release form prior to the lesson or riding a horse at Well-A-Way Farm, LLC.
10. SCHEDULE – 2020 lesson schedules will be sent weekly with notes and updates via email.
Note: Riders/parents, let us know if your typical riding day does not work we will add you into another lesson time.